Duik API - Character rigging and animation for After Effects
The Application Programming Interface of the comprehensive rigging and animation tool set.
This software is Free, as in “free beer” as well as in “your freedom to use it as you wish”.
We need your help. Without your contributions, we could not continue our work to make the world a better place, by protecting your freedom, away from mercantilism.
▹ You can donwload Duik and its API from rxLaboratory.
▹ The source code is on Github.
Duik is a comprehensive character rigging and animation tool set for After Effects. It is an end-user tool, which sits in its own panel in the UI of After Effects.
To make it easier for people with basic scripting abilities to use Duik in their own scripts, automation, auto-rigs, etc, Duik also comes with an easy-to-use API. It may also be very useful to advanced developpers though, as it also includes a lot of low-level methods and a very comprehensive scripting framework for After Effects and more generally for Adobe Applications.
If you’ve never written any script for After Effects, you may start by learning how to create advanced expressions first, as they use the same language and an API very close to the After Effects scripting API. Then you’ll be able to write your first scripts.
These are a few links you may always keep at hand when writing scripts for After Effects using the Duik API.
- After Effects Expressions Documentation: the complete documentation about After Effects expressions.
- After Effects Scripting Guide: this is the documentation and comprehensive reference of the After Effects Scripting API using ExtendScript.
- Duik API reference (duik.rxlab.io): the comprehensive Duik API reference. Keep it under your pillow.
- chat.rxlab.info is our Discord server where you can come to have a chat and get help from the community.
Documentation and examples
- Getting Started with the Duik API.
- Headless scripts: build your first script using Duik.
- Keyboard Shortcuts for Duik: use the API to add keyboard shortcuts to Duik features.
- Reference: the comprehensive Duik API reference. Keep it under your pillow.